A new feature from Clipp that saves you up to 40% off your entire food and drink bill. Venues can make offers to customers based on
Eg, a venue sets an offer on a Tuesday after 5pm and the Minimum Spend is $70, you could save 40% off your bill. Once you bill hits $70, the Discount Amount is automatically applied. The bill would be reduced by 40% ($28) and means that your $70 food & drink bill would be reduced to $42.
Yes, the discount applies to any amount spent above the Minimum Spend, up to a maximum saving of $250.
Yes, the venue determines how many offers are set. For customers, it’s first come first served. To secure an offer, simply set your limit and open a Clipp at the venue.
Your Clipp will stay open as long as you have purchased items at the venue and can see them in your app. If no purchases are recorded against your Clipp, it may close after 4 to 6 hours so that other customers can take advantage of the offer. Read more.
An itemised and non-itemised tax invoice is automatically emailed to you when you close your tab. To obtain a copy of any receipt:
1. Select the venue for which you wish to redeem the offer from the venue list.
2. Tap ‘USE PROMO’ and enter the code. This must be completed BEFORE opening a tab.
3. Open a tab as normal and your discount will be applied.
1. In the main menu tap ‘ENTER PROMO CODE’.
2. Go back to the venue list, open a tab as normal and your discount will be applied.
This step is for when you have multiple promo codes which have already been applied (see question 3), and you wish to choose which one you would like to redeem first.
1. Ensure you have the latest version of the App installed on your phone (this function is only available on recent versions of Clipp).
2. Select your venue, tap ‘OPEN TAB’, then tap ‘PROMO CODE’.
3. Select the code you wish to apply and continue to open a tab as normal.
Yes. You can add as many additional personal or corporate cards as you wish.
1. Open the Clipp app on your phone.
2. From the main menu select ‘PAYMENT’.
3. Tap ‘+ ADD CARD’ and follow the prompts.
A pre-authorisation is a temporary hold on your chosen tab limit. This process is similar to how funds are held when you check into a hotel. Regardless of your tab limit, Clipp will only ever charge you for what you actually spend. A request is sent to your bank immediately when your tab is closed to release any balance remaining on the hold. Timing on your balance release varies between banks. As each bank has their own internal policies, please contact your bank in the first instance if you are experiencing an extended hold release. We recommend that you make a reasonable estimate of how much you intend to spend when selecting your limit. In most Clipp venues, it is possible to increase your tab limit if you decide to spend more.
Yes, your PayPal account can be used as a payment method. For your security, all transactions made through Clipp either by Credit or Debit Card are also secured by the PayPal payment gateway.
1. Select your venue, tap ‘OPEN TAB’, set your limit by tapping ‘+ or -’, tap ‘PAYMENT METHOD’, tap ‘PAY WITH PAYPAL’ and follow the prompts.
2. Continue to open a tab as normal.
Please note you cannot Increase your Tab Limit with Paypal.